Tuesday, March 08, 2005

March 7, 2005

Sometimes one picture can cut to the chase faster and more effectively than a 1000 word rant from me. This weekend a picture popped into my head of what the lawns in front of our national and state capitols would like look like if the Supreme Court rules in favor of those who want to plant religous monuments on them. Since the law does not allow government to favor one religion over another, all religions - the big ones, the little ones, the screwball ones - would have a right to plant their markers next to the Ten Commandments. And they will. You can bet on it. Considering that possibility produced this image in my fevered mind. I wonder if this is what the Ten Commandment folks have in mind. Well, if not, I would advise them to take a long look at this picture. Because if they win they will see their own religious symbols crowded by a forest of "craven images." Justice, you see, comes in many forms.



That's all I have to say today. Praise the god of your choice.

No comments: